The Foothills Library Association brings together individuals within the Calgary library community to share and promote the ideals of the library and information professions.
Memberships are $25 per year and open to anyone interested in the information professions.
Your participation in the Foothills Library Association supports important work done by the FLA to benefit professionals at all levels and in all types of libraries through:
- Jobline: hosts job listings for library and information professionals.
- Events Line: lists regional events related to or hosted by libraries.
- FLA Events: provide opportunities for networking and discussing important issues within the profession.
Membership benefits include:
- The FLA Travel Grant for members wanting to attend professional conferences.
- Reduced rates for FLA events such as Calgary Libraries in Action, Bubbly Brunch and more.
- Subscription to our quarterly newsletter FLAG, the Foothills Library Association Gazette.
- Networking with colleagues and socializing with friends.
- Discount on Education Institute teleconferences, web-conferences and online courses thanks to FLA's affiliate membership through the Library Association of Alberta. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code or further details.
- Through affiliate membership with Library Association of Alberta, reduced member rate to the Alberta Library Conference. Contact email@example.com for the discount code or further details.
- Opportunities to serve on the FLA Executive and make a difference in the profession.
For more information, contact the membership director by:
- Or mail:
Foothills Library Association
P.O. Box 2985, Station M
Calgary, Alberta, Canada