The Foothills Library Association brings together individuals within the Calgary library community to share and promote the ideals of the library and information professions.
Memberships are $25 per year and open to anyone interested in the information professions. The membership year runs from September 1 to August 31.
Your participation in the Foothills Library Association supports important work done by the FLA to benefit professionals at all levels and in all types of libraries through:
- Jobline: hosts job listings for library and information professionals.
- Events Line: lists regional events related to or hosted by libraries.
- FLA Events: provide opportunities for networking and discussing important issues within the profession.
Membership benefits include:
- The FLA Travel Grant for members wanting to attend professional conferences.
- Reduced rates for FLA events such as Calgary Libraries in Action, Bubbly Brunch and more.
- Subscription to our quarterly newsletter FLAG, the Foothills Library Association Gazette.
- Networking with colleagues and socializing with friends.
- Discount on Education Institute teleconferences, web-conferences and online courses thanks to FLA's affiliate membership through the Library Association of Alberta. Contact email@example.com for the discount code or further details.
- Through affiliate membership with Library Association of Alberta, reduced member rate to the Alberta Library Conference. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code or further details.
- Opportunities to serve on the FLA Executive and make a difference in the profession.
For more information, contact the membership director by:
- Or mail:
Foothills Library Association
P.O. Box 2985, Station M
Calgary, Alberta, Canada