FLA supports its members in being active, engaged and knowledgeable information professionals, through professional development and networking opportunities.
• FLA will offer a mix of social and professional development centered events for its members
• FLA will offer Jobline to enable up-to-date-access to industry postings
• FLA will offer FLA Gazette to keep members up to date on local activities and trends
• FLA will primarily look to its membership as sources of expertise for professional development
• Where feasible, FLA will seek partnerships with other groups in order to broaden professional development offerings
• FLA will utilize its communication channels (such as the Gazette) and its events to explore structured questions relating to challenges and trends in the information professions
• FLA will welcome non-members and those from outside of the library and information professions to attend professional development programming